By Jeff Beals
Sales just might be the most brutally competitive profession in the world.
With all the emotional, high-risk/high-reward scenarios playing out each year and with so much riding on your ability to close deals, how do you cope with disappointment? How do you cope with the pressure? How do you avoid burnout and stay motivated?
These 10 tips will help you keep it fresh and keep the completed deals flowing:
- Keep in mind that selling is a noble profession. Without sales activity, the wheels of commerce would grind to a halt. Your work creates jobs and feeds families.
- To cope with the inevitable rejection in a sales career, concentrate on your victories. Celebrate each one of them in your own way.
- Make it fun. Those who don’t ﬁnd ways to enjoy their work typically don’t survive long in a brutally competitive industry.
- Find the joyful and positive aspects of your work.
- Be nimble and always ready to ﬂip the switch between operational and selling activities.
- Playing to win removes the drudgery of day-to-day work. Stay motivated by thriving on the competitive aspects of your work.
- Draw inspiration and motivation from the people who surround you.
- Long-term success depends directly on character.
- Tell the truth even when it hurts. Integrity leads to success. You will be rewarded with high levels of client retention.
- As you sell today, imagine what your legacy will be years down the road.
Jeff Beals is a professional speaker and award-winning author, who helps professionals enjoy greater success through effective sales, marketing and personal branding techniques. He delivers energetic and humorous keynote speeches and workshops to audiences worldwide. To discuss booking a presentation, go to JeffBeals.com or email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (402) 637-9300.
Click here to subscribe to Jeff’s weekly articles!http://bit.ly/1l86RC6
Click here to see sample videos of Jeff speaking to live audiences! http://bit.ly/1gZqcoA