By Jeff Beals
A few key beliefs and behaviors contribute to the creation and maintenance of a trusting business relationship:
- Mirror the other person’s actions, voice and mannerisms.
- Put aside your own interests to focus on what the other person cares about.
- Tell the truth
- Treat people as you would like to be treated.
- Be empathetic and consequently respectful to the other person’s feelings and beliefs.
- Establish a long track record that shows you always do the right thing.
- Be a rock, the type of person upon whom others can always rely.
- Pass the moment of truth
At some point in a relationship with any given prospect, you will encounter a moment of truth, a time in which you will be faced with an important decision. This is the moment of truth. How you decide to act, the decision you make, determines if you “pass” the moment of truth. If you do pass it, you build trust. Fail it and you may lose the client forever.
Keep in mind that moments of truth are true sales opportunities. Embrace them as a chance to prove your trustworthiness and advance the relationship thus locking up a loyal career-long client.
Jeff Beals is a professional speaker and award-winning author, who helps professionals enjoy greater success through effective sales, marketing and personal branding techniques. He delivers energetic and humorous keynote speeches and workshops to audiences worldwide. To discuss booking a presentation, go to JeffBeals.com or email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (402) 637-9300.
Click here to subscribe to Jeff’s weekly articles!http://bit.ly/1l86RC6
Click here to see sample videos of Jeff speaking to live audiences! http://bit.ly/1gZqcoA