By Jeff Beals
In order to be an effective salesperson or savvy marketer, you must understand the value of personal branding and how to make it a part of your work. When it comes to personal branding, keep these 12 key points in mind:
1. Regardless of what you sell, everything is easier when you have a great personal brand.
2. If you have a widely recognized and highly respected personal brand, your voicemails and emails are more likely to be returned.
3. All sales professionals should seek to become celebrities in their own spheres of interest.
4. Excellence is not enough. In a competitive marketplace, talent and hard work are simply expected.
5. You are not just a human being. You are an entity, a business of one, a business unto yourself.
6. You are in a lifelong series of “campaigns” trying to be “elected” to whatever matters to you. That’s why you should think like a politician.
7. Live actively and focus externally. In order to become a celebrity in your sphere of interest, you need to be seemingly “everywhere.”
8. Develop an area of self-marketing expertise, something related to what you do but is fascinating to people who do not do what you do. This is what you talk about when you network.
9. Don’t network just for the sake of networking. Focus on results.
10. Put on a show. Don’t be someone you are not, but play up your strengths and put forth your best image possible.
11. While you are portraying yourself in a positive light, do keep it real. Your prospects can sense authenticity as well as a lack of it.
12. Never go back on any promise made to any prospective client during a networking encounter.
Jeff Beals is a professional speaker, award-winning author and sales consultant, who helps companies increase their profits and associations achieve their missions through effective sales and personal branding techniques.
Here’s Why Should You Choose Jeff Beals as Your Next Speaker:
“Jeff is sure to deliver an engaging and motivating speech! He cleverly ties together his stories and makes the speech end with a punch. Being the closing speaker is tough, but he stepped-up to the challenge and hit a home-run. Due to the high ratings and overwhelming response to re-watch his speech, we are planning on using his video during our NextGen watch party.” – Megan Dotson, Senior Client Success Consultant & Event Director, GovLoop.com, Washington, DC
“Your workshop was a huge experience for our attendees by giving them the opportunity to improve their work in the critical environment in which we are living today. Your talent as a speaker and your qualities as a person made the difference during your time with us. I would certainly recommend you to anyone who asks.” – Ana Paula Costa, Educational Planner, Febracorp, Sao Paulo, Brazil
“Our corporate partnership team had great takeaways regarding how to network smarter while also understanding the importance of our personal brand to current and prospective partners. Jeff does a great job weaving in real-world examples and how you can apply his teachings to growing your business and
building long-term partnerships.” – Jason Booker, Senior Director of Corporate Sponsorships, The Kansas City Royals Major League Baseball Team
“If you are considering hiring Jeff, I will only say this: do it now. His ability to connect with an audience and explain the importance of telling the story is nothing short of extraordinary. The true litmus of any great speaker is authenticity. And when authenticity is coupled with an incredibly high amount of energy, humor, and engagement – you get Jeff. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs a speaker attendees will talk about for a long time to come.” – Alison Cody, Executive Director, Manufacturers’ Agents Association for the Foodservice Industry, Atlanta, GA
“I’m in Phoenix and had breakfast earlier this morning with our semi-retired sales representative who is doing some continued work for us down here. He attended your sales meeting last week and told me that in 43 years of selling, you were the best he had heard. Thanks for a great experience.” – Drew Vogel, President & CEO, Diamond Vogel Paints, Orange City, IA